Thursday 29 October 2015

Come to my senses Part 2 of 5 Taste

Good evening! Okay so tonight I shall continue my 'senses' posting with taste tonight!

On a  recent trip to Tesco for bread I found myself browsing the isles (bread in hand) and came across this yogurt. Honestly, I think I was drawn in by the sheer size of it. I really like those Danio yogurts but at about 80p each and this being 2.00 it was a winner! I chose raspberry flavour, mainly because it was the only flavour available (it was only a tiny tesco.) Plus, as an added bonus, as it was mainly pink in colour the boys decided it must be for girls and that they didn't want to share with me (whoop!)  It's always a bonus when I don't have to share with my children haha!!  I have on occasion scoffed a chocolate bar with my head in the cupboard so I didn't have to share! Outrageous! But yes, this yogurt is big, thick, amazing and left me wanting more.. (now now, don't be rude!)


The weirdest thing I've probably eaten was when I was working as a bank staff teaching assistant at a school. It was the end of term and they had an Australian theme week. Complete with wine cork hats didgeridoos and silly songs. They organised a BBQ for the whole school. On the menu? Kangaroo burgers and ostrich sausages!  Or the other way round I can't remember, either way the ostrich was nice the kangaroo tasted a bit like rabbit, which I'm not too keen on. The staff assured me they weren't mucking about and I had indeed eaten ostrich and kangaroo... Well they definitely weren't beef or pork!!

Also, whilst on the weird tastes subject.. (ha, oh dear!)  whilst at Centre Parcs, Craig and I visited the spa one evening. They had one steam room there that was both our favourite. It had salt lamps on the wall (I want one!) and a big salt stone in the middle with water coming out.

Relaxing music on, all steamy and calm. I waited until we were alone in there as what I was planning to do was pretty weird and gross (stay with me!) I wanted to see if it tasted salty.. The big salt rock I mean. So, all alone with just Craig in there to witness my ridiculousness, I licked it. I can confirm it is indeed salty.


Generally, my favourite things to eat are mainly really unhealthy (of course!). I love Chinese food I used to live opposite a Chinese restaurant, which was amazing... But left me looking like a Buddha. Their chicken and cashew nut stir fry with beansprouts and water chestnuts was BEAUTIFUL....  Now I'm hungry...

 Carrot cake has to be my favourite cake and my favourite veg (better put some healthy bits in) are swede, parsnips, broccoli (has to be crunchy) green beans and asparagus, as my nan used to cook them for me when I was little and would go to hers for lunch. Everything she cooked and baked was amazing.  (Awwh, damn I miss her) .
My favourite fruits are kiwis, dragon fruit (mainly because they look odd as hell)  and bananas. My dad used to grill bananas with brown sugar and sultanas, I used to love that.  Maybe I should try that out again...

As you can clearly tell I didn't inherit any foodiness from my Nanna May. Infact, I'm crap at food. The only cookbook I own is cooking for beginners (aka lobotomy patients)  and is so condescending I refuse to read it. I can do basic meals, a Lasagne (with jarred sauces and packet pasta) Is about my top level of 'cooking,' Although , according to Danny I can make a damn good cheese and pickle sandwich!  Oooh, and Mince pies!!  Me and the boys ate some today. Look how happy I am to eat my first Mince pie of the year!!


Although, now the boys like them I'll have to share! Please excuse my hair, we had just been pretending to be ninja turtles... As you do.

I hate HATE olives.. I believe my hate for them stems back to my childhood (as do all traumatic experiences normally) where I mistakenly ate an olive believing it was a grape. A nice fruity, crisp, sweet, juicy grape. Not a putrid, bitter, I need half a bottle of mouthwash to remove the flith from my tongue, bastard olive.
No I do not care what juice they are in or what they are stuffed with they are the devil's food and they smell like crap. No, no no. Both my parents love olives, so therefore they are weirdos.

Yes. Amen to that! 


 I'm not a fan of anything hot, a korma is my limit. Feta cheese makes me vom in my mouth. Which incidentally would then look like feta cheese itself, and probably taste better. Oh, and donuts. The kind with icing on top, yuck. A jam donut however, now that's a different story completely.
So yes, if you're serving a curry with olives and feta cheese on the side with donuts for desert, I'm afraid I have a headache and can't attend!


Thanks for visiting!  XxxxX 

1 comment: