Sunday 10 January 2016

Everything new and sparkly!

Morning peeps!
So, one of my resolutions was to write on here a bit more. With the aim for once a week so thought I should really get one in now, albeit a bit late...but what's new!
I actually stuggle to think of things to write about anything interesting. As well, days blur together and bang week gone! Well, carrying on with my resolutions, I have been very good with my eating. Which is even more impressive for me as the cupboards are still over flowing with the remainants of Christmas!  Cakes, sweets,  chocolates, biscuits, mince pies and booze! Sooo much booze!! I have surprised myself though. I've actually eaten three meals a day and lots of fruit and veg, cut out bread and sugary stuff (almost)  and started using sweetners in my coffee (I can't give up coffee yet!!) I've been walking Alfie further (he needs to loose a few pounds too!!)



Isnt he gross haha!

I've been doing lots of home exercises squats, lunges, planks etc. I really need to strengthen myself up a bit and make the most of my big butt. Big is great... Wobbly is not!!  I've lost 7lbs in a week. So going well. Long way to go yet, but a flying start anyways!  I'm not planning on loosing loads and loads as it's not sustainable and not how I want to look! Heres some of my body inspiration pics.




Quite a way off yet... But something to aim for!

I love swimming so I may try get to a pool a few times a week or maybe some classes. I'm the most uncoordinated gulumph ever though so maybe not!!
My worst area, being a pair shape, are my thighs and butt so I'm aiming at them and trying to tone them up! I'm finding this impossible though!! How does she get her legs so high!?!


I'm really enjoying this clean slate,  new start and positive changes way of thinking. It's lovely to feel as though I've truly left last year and everything else in the past and everything in front of me is new shiney and exciting! Refreshing infact. Speaking of new, I got some vouchers for Christmas and treated myself to a new coat and boots! I adore the boots (even if my best friend reckons I look like I've borrowed them from Edward Scissorhands!) I was a bit dubious about the colour of the coat..but so far so good. I do feel a little like a marshmallow in it but it's a lovely upgrade from my rather dull and boring scruffy green parka!





I'm trying to be much more positive every day. Ushering in those positive vibes an all! I really need to look into this thing I've read about on my friend's blog.  Having a mantra to keep yourself positive. I'm wonderful at getting myself in a mood quickly over nothing. I'm working on that.  It's easy for me to get down about the way I look and with making these changes to my diet and lifestyle I hope these melt away. Who knows maybe this summer I'll be rocking a bikini or some shorts.....Maybe! (ick!)

It's not just a physical thing though I need to change my thinking that actually I am wonderful and beautiful and I should love myself a bit (a lot) more than I do. I've been watching this group on pintrest about blog prompts and writing about yourself. One of the prompts was to write about 5 things that you love about your body and right now I'm finding it so hard to find even three so hopefully later on this year I'll be able to complete that!
In other news I think (touchwood!) We have cracked Connor and no nappies at night this week. He is three in 9 days (!!!) and I really wanted him out of them before then so bit the bullet. It's been a rough week, and lots of wet sheets but progress has been made!! Danny has been back at nursery this week and has been practicing his writing more, he's now learning phonics how did he get old enough to be doing this!?

I brought this book this week too.




It's lovely, my friend recommended it to me and it's really good. It's about a little boy and his grandad who go through a magic door in his loft and sail a boat to an island where he doesn't need his walking stick anymore. They have loads of fun, then Grandad says he thinks he wants to stay there and they say goodbye. Syd sails back alone. The next day he returns to his Grandads home to find he's gone, along with the magic door. But a toucan delivers a postcard of Grandad on the island showing his love for Syd still lives on even if he can't see him. I read this to Danny. He got upset but we spoke about it all and the underlying message of love in the book seemed to strike a chord with him.

I've visited Jacky a few times too, one time she was great the next awful. She asked Connor what he got for Christmas 12 times in jusy over an hour. I do want to keep the visits up as feel I may regret it if I don't, no matter how akward it feels or how difficult it is. I've Skyped my dad this week too, seen friends and made plans with new and old friends for next week. So, so far so good, week and a bit in and I'm still keeping to my resolutions! I'm feeling really positive about 2016 and long may it continue!


Just to add my brand new beautiful little neice was born this week too!! I'm so so happy for her and her partner  and can't wait for a squeeze and to be cool Aunty Grace!!!

Have a good week! Until then!

Thanks for visiting XxxxX

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic grace all sounds good and positive and small changes make big differences I think your amazing x

    ReplyDelete