Friday 29 January 2016

So long January!

I'm back!! Finally! Danny dropped my phone accidently into the dog's water bowl and ruined it. 10 days...10 days!!! I've been waiting for the insurance and the repairers and blah blah 10 days!! It's been hard! How I've missed Spotify! Anyways I'm back and all is well again!
So what's been happening?  Well, it was Connor's third birthday on the 19th. It's always quite hard to find things to do with it being January and freezing.  But he chose to go to pirate Petes play area and had an awesome time running about like a loon whilst me and Craig frantically visited three different Argos' to finally get a Blaze monster truck! He loved all his presents... Loads of cars, dinosaur, gruffalo, planes, trucks and hulk stuff. This was pretty cool. Craig and I got it for him to carry his cars cars about in rather than a back pack.. he seemed pretty happy!


We went to high altitude in Norwich again. The boys love it there. Just a place to burn off a load of their energy by bouncing about, jumping onto a big red pillow and throwing basket balls! It is great fun, but a tad expensive. But hey. You only turn three once!!
Craig starts working nights for three months next week so we graciously accepted the chance to escape for a bit together when my lovely mother in law (almost!) offered to watch the boys last Saturday.  It almost feels naughty having a few hours kid free wondering around Norwich as if we were a young couple without two little hooligans! We wondered around shops (with the kids in mind of course)  After actually having the chance to look at everything in the Disney shop without having to worry about the boys seeing and wanting something Craig Is now totally desperate to get the boys into star wars because he wants a remote control BB8.. Oh dear!  We had lunch out... And ate it whilst it was still hot and didn't have to share!!
 We visited Lush..  Which is a shop I always used to love and spend a fortune in. Before the kids....I always thought I'd love to work in there, making soaps and smelling amazing and being covered in glitter is just so perfect! After seeing my clear excitement over soaps and bath bombs Craig treated me to a few and we, of course, brought the boys a few too. We got them a really cute little blue robot bath bomb. I thought of Connor especially because he loves pretending to be a robot, but he actually got really cross with me for making his robot melt in the bath and refused to get into the bath. Oh dear. 

Danny loved his, a shea butter and something or other one. He smelt like a little baby again for a few hours at least!  I got the glitteriest one I could find! The Sunny side bubble bar. It smelt totally  divine and I was really excited to get into a bath of glitter! I was so hoping I would get out all shiney and have glitter in my hair!  It didn't but it smelt sooo good!

I also brought a non child book. I've never brought anything like this before, but just felt drawn to it.. And at only £2 I thought it was worth a look!  Mindfulness plain and simple a guide to inner peace by Oli Doyle. It's actually really interesting! It's all about retraining the mind into a different, calmer way of thinking. By not giving into your thoughts and ideas, just living in the moment and being peaceful, not worrying about things that have or haven't happened yet. I'm about half way in and think it's pretty awesome so far.


We snuggled up together and watched harry Potter and the chamber of secrets the next day to combat my mummy guilt for spending a few hours away from the monkeys!!  I love that they enjoy Harry Potter so much. Dobby is now Danny's favourite character, Connor loves fluffy the three headed dog!  On Craig's last day off we bundled nanny into the car and we went to the now Stick man trail  at high lodge in Thetford. The boys love it there, following the little character signs. Plus they can run and climb, jump in puddles, squelch in mud and collect sticks! All the little 'hidden' play areas and musical instruments are great fun! Hiding in teepees, the wobbly bridge, super high slide and the gruffalo are always highlights too. Oh and there's a gruffalo child statue now too!
In regards to resolutions...My diet has pretty much crashed and burned but I'm hoping to get back into it in the coming weeks! Exciting times lay ahead!!

Until next week!! Into February we go!

Thanks for visiting! XxxX

1 comment:

  1. Love reading as always. Don't ever feel guilty your fab parents and it's good to re charge together xx

    ReplyDelete