Friday 15 January 2016

Love is lovely, so let it grow, let it grow

Evening!
So I'll try get this one in before the week is up! Into week 2 and still going strong with the resolutions!  Whoop whoop! Still eating well,  2.5lbs down this week. Which isn't as amazing as my first week....but not a gain so all good! Not doing anything faddy, just counting calories and making better choices! (and making sure I have enough left for a cheeky glass of wine..  Or two!)

A brilliant, amazing and super creative friend of mine over at the The salted tail(who was also the inspiration for me to start a blog) recently wrote about something that caught my eye. Here's the  link!
In a nutshell you sign up for a five day 'course' -5 days 5 emails that encourage you to find a word for the year. A mantra, something to refer to, focus on. You complete the small tasks each day and decide on a word by day 5. It was something she has done for a few years and I thought I'd give it a go too.
The first day was a guided visualisation about your perfect day, which I loved as I really am trying hard to improve my mental focus. I'd love to be able to meditate properly, or even just to turn my mind off from the constant I need to do this, I've forgotten that, oh what will so and so think for a while. One of the things I wanted to improve on this year was finding myself a little more, and I'm hoping things like this will help me. But more about meditating another day! I mean It has to be worth it...look at this guys face!!



In the end I chose the word Grow. Now, I don't mean I'm going to go full hippy and grow my arm pit hair down to my knees and only eat produce grown in the organic fields of wild fairies, powered by pixie poop. No, I mean grow in so many ways.

This is such a cute quote, and after writing pixie poop, I can't resist popping it in!


This year marks Connor's third birthday next week (!!) So he will officially graduate from baby class and into a fully fledged little big boy! He will be starting nursery in April (!!!??) Which will be both an exciting and terrifying thing for me. Connor and I have gone through so much (loosing his twin, complications and being induced 10 days early, his very quick and surprising birth, being a teeny tiny 6.1lbs when he was born, a massive high temp at 2 weeks old that even the out of hours doc had no idea about, knocking out his front teeth, being put out at hospital to remove a piece of plastic he had shoved up his nose plus much more!! I really find it hard to let go off him! I'm sure he will thrive and be brilliant...just have to let him GROW up!...  See where this is going!?



Saying that.. Him and Danny going to nursery together will open up, for the first time in just over four years, free time for me. Time for me to fill with something useful. A part time job? Helping and visiting family more?  Or voluntary work? Something I hope that makes my relationship with others to GROW and to bring new things into my life, to help me as a person to GROW.. Haha this is getting old very quickly!


Danny will start school in September too. Again, this is exciting and terrifying!  He totally loves nursery and everything about it! He's made some lovely friends and is even doing so well with his letters and writing his key worker is going to be sending him home with some little handwriting sheets!  How cute! Major proud mum alert sorry!


Craig's job role is changing and he is really looking forward to the new challenges ahead. He is so wasted in his current role, I can't wait for him to be happy in his job again. His new working hours and pay will also open up more opportunities to us too. Which is exciting, it feels like things are pulling together finally..

We still desperatly want our family to grow by one more. However that happens, it will, and I hope by this time next year we will have this, or at least be very close to it!

So yeah. Grow seems to work very well for me, I'd love for existing (and new)  friendships and family relationships to grow and bloom. To learn, listen to, and to do something new. To make life happy and exciting again. To really move on and grow from the experiences of the last year or so, to become a better more peaceful person.


So thank you and goodnight!  I hope the current weather (fooking freezing and crappy half snowing/rain/ so cold it makes your ears burn /rubbish) turns on its heal and we get some sun again!


Whoops..  Looks like my yankee collection as GROWN today too! Haha!



Thanks for visiting XxxxX

3 comments:

  1. Love love love reading your blogs . Grow is a good word and something great to focus on . Keep growing Grace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jacki!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Jacki!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete