Tuesday 8 December 2015

Love your elf!

So it's December. Which officially means Christmas. Now, I had no family traditions growing up so it's hugely important to me to make Christmas magical with a few traditions with our boys. Something they can rely on, be excited by and to remember with fondness every year. We have a few, I try and take a photo everyday for the month of December depicting something Christmassy we have done every day. Here's a few so far..


On Christmas eve we make cookies for Santa, and have a Christmas eve box. With new pj's, a book and some little gift inside. This is presented by our little friend Eddie,  our elf on the shelf. Yes, elf on the shelf....and we love it!

Recently I've been seeing a lot of things on pintrest, Facebook etc saying how stupid elf on the shelf is! What!? For reasons like you forget and kids have touched the elf and people must have too much time on their hands. Now, we only adopted Eddie last year. Danny was just 3 and Connor was almost 2 (that sounds so long ago!). We brought him from a garden centre, as honestly? The original elf on the shelf gives me the creeps....



Sorry dude.

Eddie arrived on the 1st of December with the boys advent calenders, in a flurry of powdery snow (icing sugar) and a little note. I don't really go with the he's come to watch you and report to Santa every night, because again,  creepy! Instead Eddie comes to do funny things at night, leave Christmassy items like crafty bits, or something like biscuits to ice, or simply just to hide somewhere waiting to be found in the morning. So far he has changed the boys duvet sets to Christmas themed ones, which was soo tricky to do whilst they are asleep!! But with worth it! He has been found doing a puzzle with hulk and Woody and reading the gruffalo a story.  Oh, and he made a snow angel (icing sugar again)  on the table , which Connor destroyed in typical Connor style!!






My table is still sticky!!

It's just so much fun! Tonight, we have clearly lost our minds as we have introduced a second elf. Eddie's big brother Freddy! My thinking is I can get them to create double the chaos and have double the fun!



 Plus, I know this is years and years down the line but when my boys are all grown up and have children of their own I'd like to think they will carry on the tradition and I can now pass on an elf to each of them!


So heres to all the elf lovers out there. I am certainly one of them! Now we have two my mind is buzzing over with ideas (and I feel maybe a little pintrest obsession coming on!)


I mean who doesn't love an elf!? How can you not love this guy!!?


Anyways, thanks for visiting! XxxxX 

1 comment: