Tuesday 17 November 2015

Secret life of a tall girl!

Good evening!  I haven't posted in some time not because I've been particularly busy, more because I haven't really had much to write about!  I have been consumed with writing lists and to do lists as with Danny's birthday, our anniversary, Christmas and Connor's birthday in the next 9 weeks safe to say I have enough to keep me occupied!  I'm especially looking forward to Christmas this year because for the first time since the boys have been born Craig has Christmas eve off work. So I'm planning a pj day with baking and movies and eeek (yes even this requires planning....I'm a little obsessed!)

The bottom line is I just want Christmas to be super special and full of magic for my boys. We have already brought a few new decorations (that we probably don't need) but I instantly fell in love with this I couldn't say no!! His lamp lights up as well, super cute!

Also, as a side note.. This is my latest China jewlery arrival. It's gorgeous, I feel like an Egyptian Queen wearing it ha! Although Craig reckons it looks like a face /skull... Idiot.


I have my eye on a Christmas snow globe too. I did have one with Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus ( I'm not particularly religious but feel it's important to teach the boys the Christmas story.) Plus it was really sweet, it wound up and played silent night and had beautiful carvings around the bottom. I really loved it.. Well until last year when Danny accidently smashed it!  You know that plastered fake smile you use when you don't want someone to worry but inside you want to scream/ cry? Yeah...

But anyways enough about Christmas. I'm sure I'll have quite a few festive posts to scribble out! I've come to realise I REALLY need to buy some new clothes. I hate clothes shopping. I really do. I have never ever enjoyed a day out shopping for clothes and I have never prolonged the experience by trying things on in the shop (who does that?!)  If I buy clothes it's online and usually only because I have an event coming up (rare) and I need something not covered in stains and crap.
I have noticed that I seem to only wear a few tops because I have so many with holes in, shrunk in the tumble dryer or that I've worn them so much they now resemble rags.
Now, I believe my hate of clothes shopping is a direct result of my height.
Yes, my height. I am in no way, shape or form 'petite'. I am 5'12, a size 7 shoe and size 12/14 top and 16 bottom. My arse is huge,  okay! I have always been quite jealous of the 'cute' 'tiny' 'adorable' short girls. But then again, people describe children like that... And bunnies.

I literally have the hardest time ever finding clothes that fit! I have to shop in the 'tall' section of EVERYWHERE. You know because any woman over the height of 5 foot is a giantress and can't shop in the normal section haha! I'm not being dramatic here it's true!
Any trousers that are not from the tall or extra long section ~ ankle swingers or don't go high enough to cover your arse ( okay maybe that's  just me!)
Peplum tops - crop tops or show your tummy at least
Maxi dresses- perrlease!!  Maybe once in a blue moon!!
Play/ jump suits - either a huge front wedgie/ camel toe or you may aswell cut the straps off as they won't reach your shoulders... same goes for one piece swim suits
Pretty much any t shirt or top supposed to finish just over your jeans button - akward length that shows your tummy and back as soon as you stretch,  bend or well move.
Skirts or shorts - knee length on anyone else may just cover my arse
Tights....just forget it go with stockings instead
Dresses - again they have to be preeety long to get to my knees.
High heels - yeah, if I want to bang my head on door frames, light fittings and ceiling beams....Tower even more so over every one else including the men, and to probably look like a drag queen!
So yeah, annoying. If I had a top for every time I shopped in the normal section and thought ahh, I'm just being silly this will be fine. Until I wear it a few times and spend the whole day pulling it back in place .. Oh wait, I do! In the I cant wear this, it's too short  drawer!!
But with my two day to day jeans now sporting way too many holes and my options of wearable tops at an all time low I better get back to online shopping. And getting charged more for the same top as a normal sized girl simply because I need a few more inches of fabric..
Still, deep down I do kind of love my height (minus the clothes shopping!) at least I can always reach the top shelf, I was an amazing goal keeper in netball at school because no one could throw it over my head! I can always see everything in a crowd and there are very few people who can physically look down on me, which also means I've never been babied by anyone. Plus, with me at 5 '12 and Craig a few inches taller our boys are going to be huge!! I guess being tall kind of demands respect, perhaps even intimidating ... Because if not I can crush you like a bug, puney human!







Anyways, wish me luck!

 Thanks for visiting XxxxX


3 comments:

  1. Fab reading as always and I completely get the clothes shopping thing I hate it too . With my pregnancy belly that still protrudes out making me look like I'm still carrying it adds inches to my tops but then they are too loose and baggy around my boobs (sorry) . The joys hey Grace but I'm wishing you and your lovely family a happy and magical Christmas and happy clothes shopping ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jacki you definitely do not look pregnant still you narna! Thank you! To you too! We still have to arrange a meet up! I gave up after 20 minutes haha! Try again tomorrow! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jacki you definitely do not look pregnant still you narna! Thank you! To you too! We still have to arrange a meet up! I gave up after 20 minutes haha! Try again tomorrow! X

    ReplyDelete