Sunday 22 November 2015

11 years in the making

Don't worry, this won't all be slushy mush! But yesterday was our 11 year anniversary . I just feel, in this day and age two people in their twenties who have been together for 11 years is pretty special. We haven't done anything particularly extravagant to celebrate, nice meal and a bottle of wine cuddled up on the sofa and we made each other little 'vouchers' for breakfast in bed, little gifts etc etc. Craig did however post usher and Alicia keys my boo to my face book page. Which is a hugely cheesy, fluffy song....but it was the song playing in the background during our first kiss....nawwwh. Okay, blergh too much mush ha! I was just surprised he remembered!
We met when I was 14, he was 17 chatting over MSN messenger ha! Our first date to the cinema was hideously akward as we were both terrified!

Fast forward a few years and I moved into his parent's home with him at 17. Few more years and at 19 we moved into our first little house together.  We felt so grown up!  Two years later we became parents to our little Danny. Seeing Craig hold Danny for the first time, becoming a Dad made me fall in love with him in a whole new and bigger way. Another house move, and 10 days later another wonderful son, our little Connor. Again watching him become a father of one to two is something quite magical. I'll never forget his face taking in our new born son. Ahhhh :-D



We have been through a lot together. Highs and lows but always together. Who would have thought two akward teenagers would still be together 11 years later as fully fledged adults (apparently!) with two beautiful sons, a lovely home a dog and two budgies ha! In the next 11 years I hope we complete our family with the third and final child we have always dreamed of, I FINALLY change my last name and we would just still be happy and together, plus I'd love to be a foster mumma too but we shall see! I'm excited to find out!




Thanks for visiting XxxxX

1 comment:

  1. Lovely of you to share your story . In a society where a lot of people can give up too easily it's lovely to see you together strong and a family xx

    ReplyDelete